Brown & Rosie

Hello Guys,

I hope you're doing well !

Today I come back to you with an article about a very cute coffee/lunch spot that I discovered when I was spending a day away in London.

As we were desperately looking for a place to grab a coffee and eat something, we decided to stop by Brown & Rosie, located nearby the subway station of South Kesington. 
Unfortunately, it was pouring rain and we couldn't sit inside since the places inside were strictly reserved for lunch and diner.

Nevertheless, we were so exhausted that we decided so get a table outside, in a corner protected from the rain and under a warming heater. It was not that bad afterall.

Now, on to the important part, the FOOD of course 😉

  • French Toasts : £11.50 (around €13.10 and $16.10)

Let me tell you, those french toasts were DE - LI - CIOUS !
First of all the presentation was really pretty, which is always important for a food blogger, and to anyone in general who enjoys food as much as I do.
Then, the toasts were extremely fluffy and tasty. There were fruits, ice cream and mapple sirup which made the whole plate perfection. Haha Yes, I did say perfection.
Nevertheless, it was a bit pricey, but the quality of the food made the price not that expensive after all, comparing it to other places I've been in the past, charging you the same amount for 3 little raspberry and a nearly burnt toast.

  • Beetroot Latte around £4 (around €4.55 and $5.60)


I decided to go out of my comfort zone for once, and instead of ordering a classic latte, I ordered a Beetroot Flat White (Mainly for its instagram potential I have to say).

This latte is made of coffee, milk of your choice (vegan of not) and beetroot. This is the key ingredient that gives this latte its incredibly cute pink color.
I didn't quite like this beverage, I found the beetroot really overwhelming and didn't really taste the coffee in it.
I usually don't add sugar to my drinks but maybe I should have with this one because I think it would have balanced better the earthy taste of the beetroot with the coffee and milk.
Nonetheless, I recommend you try it and give me your opinion about it if you like to try original food combinations.


Overall

Brown and Rosie is a charming place that serves good quality food. The staff is nice and helpful, but beware that inside tables are reserved for lunch and diner. Also, it is a popular spot, so you may wait some time before getting a table if you come at rush hour.
Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure you can ask them to put you on a waiting list and enjoy a walk in the charming neigbourhood of South Kensington while waiting for a table to be free. You'll be even hungrier and happier to arrive at the coffee place to enjoy your meal 😄

Useful information :

Brown & Rosie

10-12 Exhibition Rd, Kensington, London SW7 2HF, UK

Find it on the Food Map

Mon-Fri : 8:00 AM - 9:30 PM
Sat-Sun : 9:30 AM - 9:30 PM

Let me know if you tried this place, I would love to know what you think about it !


Have a great day 


xx

Lucie

Aucun commentaire