Holy Belly

To all my breakfast lovers out there, this post is made for you !

If you were to ask me to chose between breakfast, lunch and dinner, I think I would probably say breakfast !
Not only because it is the time where you can mix sweat and savoury snacks, but also because I truly believe that eating a satisfying breakie is a perfect way to start off the day right.

So, one morning, as I was really hungry I decided to go out and try the Holy Belly Breakfast I had been lurking on for days on Instagram.

Holy Belly is an Aussie Style Café, where the atmosphere is friendly and where every english speaker is more than welcome. As a matter of fact, the owners are fluent in English and the staff will be very pleased to speak with you in Shakespeare's language.

So, now that I have introduced you to the place, let's talk about the food !


  • The Pancakes : 13.50€ (around $16 and £12.40)

I took the Savoury Stack : It is made of a stack of 2 Pancakes with 2 fried eggs, yummy bacon, house-made Bourbon butter & maple syrup.
It was really good and the maple syrup made everything even better. I love me some mapple syrup on my pancakes and I find it gave a sweet touch to the dish but not too overly sweet. It was the perfect balance between the eggs, the bacon and the pancakes.

  • The Chia Pudding : 8.50€ (around $10 and £7.80)
The Chia Pudding is made of Chia seeds soaked in cardamom & vanilla bean infused coconut milk, seasonal fruits & puffed grains. This Pudding is really refreshing on hot summer days since it contains fruits and I find the coconut milk gives it a more lightweight texture than a traditional Pudding with non-vegan milk.
Bonus : This recipe is vegan and gluten free !

  • The Drinks
- Espresso : 2.50€ (around $2.95 and £2.30)
- Flat White : 4€ (around $4.70 and £3.70)

My friend ordered an espresso, which was everything you would expect from an espresso, short and quite strong. I decided to have a flat white, which is a very popular thing to order in Australian Cafés.


I love these kind of drinks, not only they are really good Instagram material but since I like my coffee with milk in the morning, I order this drink almost every time I have breakfast of brunch outside.

Overall :

Holy Belly is a nice place to stop by if you want to enjoy an Australian Style Breakfast in Paris. Located in the 10th arrondissement of Paris, there are many things to do in the surroundings.
However, it tends to be a little crowded if you come quite late, so I would recommend to arrive at the opening (around 9:00 AM) so that you can enjoy the most of the place and the very nice interior design. 

Credit : Nico Alary / Holybelly

Useful information :

Holy Belly 5
5 Rue Lucien Sampaix Paris 75010

Find it on The Food Map

Mon-Sun : 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (last orders at 4:00 PM)

Full Menu here

Let me know if you tried this place, I would love to know what you think about it !

Have a great day 

xx

Lucie



Aucun commentaire