Paris Texas

I love coming across unexpected restaurants. Those were you don't intend to go at first but end up there anyway and enjoy a delicious meal. This is what happened to me a few weeks ago with Paris Texas Restaurant. I initially was planning on going to Peonies, an insanely cute restaurant which also happen to sell flowers. Cute concept right ?!
Unfortunately, the place was completely booked (name that reference 😋) and after waiting a while outside of the restaurant, my friend and I decided to find an alternative.
We did not have to search for a long time since there was right in front of us, on the opposite street, the restaurant I'm going to talk about today : Paris Texas


Paris Texas is the little brother of the Paris New York restaurants. It's a texan style food as its name says and you can find a lot of fried chicken specialties with cajun spices. They also serve beef burgers and various other plates but, in my opinion the chicken is their strong point.

Paris Texas is a spacious restaurant located in the center of Paris near the Strasbourg Saint Denis Subway Station were a lot of clothes workshops are based.
The restaurant in itself is fairly large, you have a bar in the entrance, lots of sitting places inside and even a terrace for those warmer days.


Now let's talk about the food shall we ? 😃

We started with some nachos and then followed by a burger and a plate of fried chicken.

  • The Fresh Avocado : 7€ (around $8 and £6)
The Nachos were served with fresh smashed avocado, red onions and sour cream. It was good but I think the avocado could have been a little more tasty with more lime and some paprika for instance. But, it's only my personal preference. It was good nonetheless 😊.



  • The Vintage Cheeseburger with a side of fries : 15.50€ (around $18.20 and £13.83)
This burger is made of le Ponclet beef cooked on wood fire, old fashioned melted cheddar, ketchup, mustard and pickles.
My friend who was the one who ordered it, gave me her opinion about it. She told me the burger was good, but she found it was lacking a little kick for it to be really good. Maybe they could have added a little more salt and pepper while cooking the meat for it to be more savory. She liked the burger nonetheless and really enjoyed the fries which were really crispy.

  • The Chateau d'Eau Fried Chicken with a side of garlic fries : 16€ (around $18.80 and £14.28)
At first I was a little skeptical about ordering fried chicken because I often find it a bit dry. I hesitated for a few minutes and then decided to give it a try since, cajun fried chicken is a popular dish in southern states of America such as Texas.
Let me tell you, I was not disappointed at all !! The chicken was very crispy on the outside yet really tender and soft on the inside.
To go along there was a sauce which was a mix of mayo and BBQ sauce. 
Instead of the regular fries I ordered garlic fries which were really tasty but the garlic was a bit too overwhelming as I kept on eating them. It's not necessarily a bad thing, just be prepared not to go on a date after eating these fries 😭.


Overall

I really enjoyed eating at Paris Texas Restaurant. The staff was nice and the food was good. If you are willing to go there, I highly suggest you order the Fried Chicken with a side of regular fries or garlic fries if you really like garlic.

The place is really well decorated mixing authentic Texan style with a modern and Parisian touch to it. To sum up : it's really instagrammable haha !

The only negative thing I could say about this restaurant is that the restroom are really..reaaally dark. Which is not the most practical for obvious reasons lol. Other than that I have nothing to say.


Useful information :

Paris Texas

74 Rue du Faubourg Saint-Denis, 75010 Paris

Find it on the Food Map

Mon-Thur : 12:00 AM - 3:00 PM / 7:00 PM - 11:30 PM
Fri : 12:00 AM - 3:00 PM / 7:00 PM - 2:00 AM
Sat : 12:00 AM - 4:00 PM / 7:00 PM - 2:00 AM
Sun : 12:00 AM - 4:00 PM / 7:00 PM - 11:30 AM

Let me know if you tried this place, I would love to know what you think about it !


Have a great day 


xx

Lucie






































































Aucun commentaire