Daroco

If you know me, you know that I am an inconditionnal lover of Popolare !
The place is great, the food is excellent and on top of that, it's cheap. What else can we ask for, right  ?😋
But the problem with Popolare is that bookings are not available, so you always wait a while before you get a table.

So, for this time, as I was celebrating my Birthday with a friend, I decided to play it safe and to book a table at Daroco, an Italian restaurant that I was seeing everywhere on Instagram.


Daroco is a beautiful restaurant located in the Galerie Vivienne, a very nice covered passage in the center of Paris. The atmosphere of this Gallery (one of the oldest and prettiest in Paris) is amazing. You can find here various high-end shops and restaurant as well as antique book stores.

I highly suggest you visit the gallery after you ate at Daroco, trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Now let's talk about my experience at this restaurant, shall we ?

I booked a table for two on the website. The booking system is really easy to use, and you receive afterall an email to inform you if your reservation has been accepted or not.
You're not compelled to make a reservation, but I would recommend it since it is a very trendy restaurant, you might not be able to have a free table if you just come with you and your luck 😆

When I arrived with my friend we were welcomed by the staff who was really nice and led us to our table. My friend made me the surprise to invite two good friends of mine, so we were actually four at our table.


  • The Starter (Cheese Foccacia) : 9€ (around $10.75 and £8)
We decided to start with a Cheese Foccacia to share. It was very good and crispy ! The waitress came to brings us condiments such as Hot Oil and Olive Oil to go along our Foccacia.



  • The main dishes (Pizze and Daurade Tartare)

Then my friends followed by taking each a pizza, and I chose the Daurade Tartare (surprising of me, since I'm always tempted by pizza) and it was EXCELLENT !
It was accompanied with fresh linguine, a butter sauce and parmesan on top. I have no words, it was fine and tasty, my mouth waters just thinking about it! 😍
I honestly recommend it 100% if you like raw fish!



  • Desert (Tiramisu)  9€ for a slice (around $10.75 and £8)

And finally, what's a real birthday without a cake ?! So, even though we were completely full, the waitress bought us a huge tiramisu that we all shared, eating it directly from the plate haha! So freaking good !!


Overall

This restaurant is very good, the service is quick and people are welcoming. I would advise to book a table because it's a very popular place and it gets full very quickly.
I think it's a good alternative to the other famous italian restaurants in Paris such as Popolare, Mamma Primi etc.. where you can't make reservation, which is frankly annoying.

Prices are reasonable, but some dishes are a little bit overpriced such as the Tiramisu for instance.

Below you will find the detailed Menu :


Nonetheless, the restaurant serves really fresh and quality food and I will definitely come back!


Useful information :

Daroco

6 rue Vivienne, 75002 Paris

Find it on the Food Map

Mon-Sun : 12:00 AM - 12:00 PM


Let me know if you tried this place, I would love to know what you think about it !

Have a great day 


xx

Lucie








Aucun commentaire