PAIN PAIN

Hi there !

Today I wanted to talk to you about a very cute bakery that I tried : Pain Pain (litteraly Bread Bread in English).
It is located in the midst of rue des Martyrs in the 18th arrondissement of Paris.
One time as I was scrolling through the discover page of instagram, I came accross the account of this cute place and immediately thought it was too pretty not to try it !


I would say that Pain Pain has everything you can expect from a traditional french bakery but with a twist. Here you will find bread, croissants, pains au chocolat and so on, but you will also find unique creations elaborated by the Pastry Chef Sébastien Mauvieux. Everything here is super fresh and delicious.
You can munch on your food by sitting at the pretty marble tables facing a large window to enjoy the view or ask for one of their pretty little bags to take it away.

I have to say that what really made me want to try this place was the aesthetic of the pastries and the decoration. There is a real effort made into creating a nice brand image and everything is well thought : from the logo to the website, I have to say this place has really good instagram material ! 😀


I went there with a friend around 4:00 PM and we were a bit worried we couldn't sit at a table when we arrived because the place is quite small and there are only a capacity of 8 people to sit (if i'm not mistaking). I ordered a Zephyr : their specialty.
And let me tell you : It was DELICIOUS
I'm the kind of person that would rather order a starter than a desert at a restaurant but I have a sweet tooth from time to time, and this was definitely the time haha!
The Zephyr is a walnut and raspberry financier topped with a white chocolate and lime infused whipped cream. It's a really airy and light pastry which will not weigh you down.

I paid 4.65€ (around $5,49 and £4.20) for the pastry which I can consider to be quite a honest price for its quality and tastiness.


Overall :

I highly recommend this place if you are looking for a place to have a snack or simply to buy really good quality bread. Be aware that it is a small place so if you want to eat inside of Pain Pain, you might have to wait a couple of minuted for a sit.
The prices are a bit higher than a standard bakery but the quality is definitely here.


Usefull information :

Pain Pain88, Rue Des Martyrs, 75018 Paris
Find it on The Food Map
Tue-Sat : 07:00 AM – 8:00 PM / Sun : 7:30 AM – 7:30 PM
Full Menu here

Let me know if you tried this place, I would love to know what you think about it !

Have a great day 

xx

Lucie



Aucun commentaire